Monday, March 24, 2014

THE CAP GUN DISASTER

Pop-Pop-Pop-Pop!!!!!
My brand-new cap gun fired in rapid succession.
"Cool!" Guy said.
"Look at all the smoke!" Benny exclaimed, as he joined in.
"It smells like sulfur!!" Jeff screamed, sounding like a spastic.
"That's an awesome cap gun!" Richie said, excitedly.
 "Where did you get that sweet pistol?" Guy asked.
We were all 3rd graders and were an adventurous little gang. I was their leader and their hero. My little gang loved our many activities. We were always in some kind of mischief. For protection, we all swore an oath of secrecy.
 
After I fired off a few more shots, I put the smoking cap gun into my mouth!
"What the heck is he doing?? They yelled in awe!
 Then, to impress my friends, I inhaled very deeply. It tasted really strong!

"What the??!!" All four boys were super surprised and excited.
But the show was only beginning.
I continued by blowing the smoke out my NOSE!

"No way!!" Ritchie slapped Guy on the back.
 "My heck!" They all shouted at once. "Now he's blowing smoke rings!!!"
 "Wow!!" They took turns saying. "Awesome!!"

I repeated this pattern for at least a dozen times.
 "Supper time!!" My brother Don called, and threatened me if I didn't come running. "Now!!"
 "Gotta go, fellas!!" I said as I sped off. I was super hungry!

A couple hours after supper, I went to bed, still totally elated by all the attention I received.

In the middle of the night, a major crises began.

I started coughing and couldn't stop.
Cough, cough, wheeze, cough, wheeze, gulp, cough, WHEEZE!!!
My throat and lungs hurt like ____ ! I felt like I was on fire.
 
"Mom!" I tried to yell, but nothing came out except coughs.

"Help!!" But she couldn't hear me.

It hurt so much to cough and I started coughing blood. It kept getting worse and worse. It was totally wearing me out. I didn't think I would make it!
 
Death was literally at the door!
 
"Heavenly Father." I prayed sincerely in my heart. "I'm sorry for being so wicked. But please, I'm begging you to send Mom and Dad in to help me."
Then, Mom and Dad opened my door and raced in. They just "knew" that they should come.
 
Mom was horrified at what she saw, heard, and smelled! I was totally wet from my tears, spit, snot, sweat, pee, and blood.

"Lynn, do something, quickly." Mom said. "Help him!" 

Dad gave me a blessing, in the name of Jesus Christ, and immediately, I felt no more pain.

I fell right asleep, and when morning came, I was totally pain-free, rested, cheerful, and invigorated. 
"Wow!" I thought the next morning. "God even answers the prayers of us HELLIONS!!"

"DON'T PRESS YOUR LUCK!" I pictured a stern angel saying.

Then, I imagined my gang, the angel, and me, having a good laugh!

Immediately, I started thinking up our next adventure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment