Friday, January 24, 2014

PULL YOUR HEAD OUT ! ! !

"DON'T PUT ANDERTON IN!"

I didn't really blame them. I was not a good football player. I was incredibly uncoordinated.

We were down ( 6 - 44 ) with less than two minutes remaining. Our team finally made a touchdown and we were going for the two-point conversion.

So, the fans wanted to see all the best players on the field.

But Coach Blake wanted to give everyone a chance to play so we could all win our letter. That was more important to him than getting two more points.

I was a Senior and could not get my letter unless I was put into the game, now.

Bless his heart, the good coach sent me in.

"Get Anderton off the field, Blake!!!" They demanded.

But Coach Blake was not intimidated.

The coach called for a pass play on my side. My assignment was to keep their defensive end out.

But, as everybody predicted, I missed my block.

"BLAST IT, ANDERTON!" They all bellowed when the defensive end rushed through.

Just before he was sacked, our quarterback quickly got off his pass.

Then, their giant of a defensive enddeflected the football..

The ball went 18 feet straight UP in the air.

I couldn't even see the ball
I didn't know what was happening or what do
I ran around in circles
I was very confused
All I could think about was how much trouble I was in
I tried to scratch my head but the helmet was in the way

"Anderton, pull your blankety-blank head out!"

Then the football fell down from the sky.

It landed right in my arms!!

I was on the 8 yard line.

"RUN ANDERTON, RUN!"

 Everyone yelled as they jumped up off their seats. They pointed the way to OUR goal line.

"This is my chance!" I thought. "I'm going to score, NO MATTER WHAT!!"

"Go! Go! Go! You can do it!" The fans and team encouraged.

I PUSHED and PULLED like determined ox.

I literally DRAGGED my opponents across the goal line.

As I walked off the field, my fellow players slapped me on the back and gave me high fives.

The crowd congratulated me and ACTED like they had ALWAYS been my fans.


The next day, the newspaper said: "GEORGE ANDERTON

INADVERTANTLY scored a two-point conversion."

No comments:

Post a Comment